About Me

During my ideology quiz I was described as generally young, well-educated and financially comfortable, the Next Generation Left have very liberal attitudes on many issues, including homosexuality, abortion, the environment and foreign policy. While overall supportive of an activist government, most are wary of expanding the social safety net. Most also have relatively positive views of Wall Street’s impact on the economy. While most affiliate with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic, few consider themselves strong Democrats. I also took the American Civic quiz and was classified as a Plebeian. On the news quiz I scored better than 50% of the population, below 37% and the same as 13%. I also am currently enrolled in the course because it is a requirement for my nursing degree. As for my political views I am very opinionated and am not afraid to voice my opinion however I do not have a political figure.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Puff Puff Pass

Overall our nation as a whole has no restrictions on consuming illegal substances and receiving Welfare. Why is it that we are still financial supporting those who have no intent of embetterment?
In some states we have initiated taking urine test. 1/5 of TANF applicants reported using illegal substances. It is reported that since our decline in employment that those receiving TANF have declined. 
Why is it that it's such a touchy subject to drug test those on welfare? Classifying the question "unconstitutional." However, when has that ever been a issue? It is stated in some laws "reasonable suspicion." 
Lastly, as for those who shy away from any financial assistance it may be due to the fact that they can not pass a drug test. I know that raises the issue of those who do receive financial assistance are not capable of providing for themselves. Although, I believe that the government should be more involved and monitor those who are using financial assistance. Such as making home visits to actually see if the dependent is living with the recipient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment